Tuesday, April 21, 2009

44 - Funny Story


Whenever it rained, .water came through Nasreddin's roof, so one day he got his ladder, climbed up on to the roof and began to mend it. It was quite difficult and dangerous work.

While he was up there, he suddenly saw an old man in the street. This man was waving to him. He wanted Nas­reddin to come down. Nasreddin thought, 'What has happened? What news has this man got for me?' So he climbed down the ladder quickly. Several times he slipped and nearly broke his neck. When he got to the .bottom, the old man said, 'I am a poor man. Please give me some money.'

Nasreddin was very angry, but he said, 'Come up.' He helped the old man to climb up the ladder and on to the roof. Then he said to him, 'I am a poor man too. I have no money for you. And now go down alone. I will not help you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment